France Energies Marines / Laboratoire d'Hydraulique Saint-Venant
Member since January 2022
Ecole Centrale de Marseille, Coastal Engineering Department
Fields of interest
- Sea state modelling
- Characterisation of tidal resources
- Coastal morphodynamics
Numerical modelling of marine dunes in an offshore wind farm context
- Durand, N., Tassi, P., Blanpain, O., and Lefebvre, A. Towards numerical modelling of marine dunes in a shallow shelf sea. In Actes des XVIIème Journées Nationales Génie Côtier - Génie Civil, 2022a. October 11-13, 2022. Chatou, France.
- Durand, N., Tassi, P., Blanpain, O., and Lefebvre, A. Hydrodynamic modelling as a first step to assess marine dune dynamics: influence of waves. In XXVIIIth Telemac-Mascaret User conference, 2022b. October 18-19, 2022. Paris-Saclay, France.
- Durand, N., Bourban, S., Tozer, N. ARTEMIS developments at HR Wallingford. In XXVth Telemac-Mascaret User Conference, 2018. October 10-11, 2018. Norwich, UK.
- Durand, N., Bourban, S., Middlemiss, D., and Richardson, S. Ichthys LNG Project, Australia: hydrodynamic modelling to inform management activities during dredging. In XXIst Telemac-Mascaret User conference, 2014. October 15-17, 2014. Grenoble, France.
- Bourban, S., Durand, N., Liddiard, M., Cheeseman, S., Baldock, A. High Resolution Modelling of Tidal Resources, Extraction and Interactions Around the UK. In 10th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference, 2013. September 2-5, 2013. Aalborg, Denmark.
- Bourban, S., Durand, N., Turnbull, M., Wilson, S., Cheeseman, S. Coastal shelf model of Northern European waters to inform tidal power industry decisions. in Proceedings of XIXth Telemac-Mascaret User conference, 2012. October 18-19, 2012. Oxford, UK.
- Durand, N., Bourban, S., Moulinec, C., Barber, R., Audouin, Y., Gu, X., and Emerson, D. HPC for sensitivity studies: simulations with TOMAWAC and TELEMAC-3D. In XVIIIth Telemac-Mascaret User conference, 2011. October 19-21, 2011. Chatou, France.
- Cornett, A., Durand, N., and Serrer, M. 3-D modelling and assessment of tidal current resources in the Bay of Fundy, Canada. In 3rd International Conference on Ocean Energy (ICOE) Book of Proceedings, 2010. October 6, 2010. Bilbao, Spain.
- Bourban, S., Durand, N., Coates, T., Gill, L., Harper, M., and Richardson, S. Modelling tidal energy resource and extraction. In Coastal Engineering 2010, number 32. ASCE, 2010. 30 June to 5 July 2010. Shanghai, China.
- Bourban, S., Durand, N., Colameo, S., and Tchamen, G. 3d modelling as an alternative to comprehend the hydraulic behaviour of spillways. In Proceedings of the Canadian Dam Association Annual Conference, 2006. 2006. Québec City, Canada.
- Barker, A., Durand, N., and Timco, G.W. Ice regime time-lines at arctic structures: implications for evacuation. In 18th IAHR International Symposium on Ice, 2006. August 2006. Sapporo, Japan.
- Tozer, N., and Durand, N. Improved coastal wave modelling using coupled spectral wave transformation and wave disturbance models. In Coastal Engineering 2002, number 28, pages 448-458. ASCE, 2002. July 2002. Cardiff, Wales.
- Durand, N., Tozer, N., and Allsop, N.W.H. The application of third-generation models in coastal engineering studies. In Coastal Engineering 2000, number 27, pages 1335–1348. ASCE, 2000. July 16-21, 2000. Sydney, Australia.
- Allsop, N.W.H., Durand, N., and Hurdle, D.P. Influence of steep seabed slopes on breaking waves for structure design. In Coastal Engineering 1998, number 26, pages 906-919. ASCE, 1998. June 1998. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Durand, N., and Allsop, N.W.H. Effects of steep bed slopes on depth-limited wave breaking. In third International Symposium WAVES 97. 1997. November 1997. Virginia Beach, United States.